The Team Server password policy can be used to create a more secure Team Server for your organization.
A changed password policy is enforced when passwords are changed. Users will need to be forced to change their password in order to comply with a new policy. Users can change their password by clicking the Forgot password on the Team Server sign-in page.
Configuring the password policy should only be done by application administrators who are familiar with installing and configuring software and databases.
- In the sidebar menu, click Settings > General.
- On the general settings page, in Username length, set the required Minimum length for the username. Initial value is set to 0.
In Password length, set the required Minimum length and Maximum length for the password. Initial values are set to 8 and 150.
- In Password complexity, specify the required complexity of the password.
Minimum uppercase, lowercase, digits, special characters: For each character type, determine the minimum number that should be in the password, and set the minimum required number of character types that should be in the password. Initial values are set to 1, 1, 0, 0.
Character combination: Set the required combination of character types that must be used in a password. Initial value is set to "At least three types".
- In Password expiration, you can activate password expiration for users. If activated, users will be forced to change their password when they attempt to sign in to the Team Server and their password has expired.
Activate password expiration by selecting the option User passwords must be changed regularly.
In Days before passwords expire, set the number of days a user can keep using the same password. Initial value is set to 365. Minimum allowed value is 1.
- Click Apply to save the changes.