You can create and share sites for model packages you are invited to.
Since the Horizzon 12 May 2023 release, creating sites for projects is deprecated. If no sites for any projects have been created before, creating them is no longer possible. If sites for projects have been created before, it remains possible to create them for these projects. For the projects that do not have sites yet, creating sites will be possible if enabled on the project manage page.
On this page:
Creating a site
On the sidebar menu, click Sites, and then click New site.
Instead of using the general entrance for creating sites you can also go to the overview page of a model package to directly create a site of that package. On the overview page, in the Created sites section, click the plus to create a new site.
- On the Create site page, select the model package for which you want to create a site, and click Create. To quickly find your model package, type (part of) the name and press Enter, or sort the list. If you create the site from the package page, the package is preselected.
- In Site, under Site properties, add the name for the new site. If desired you can also add a description and set a contact person for the site. The contact person does not necessarily have to be the creator of the site. The contact person would be the person or department (or anyone/anything) to turn to for questions and remarks about the contents of the site.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
Click Scope and start view, and specify the scope of your site. Under Select scope, select the models and folders of the model package that you want to include in the site. You can select models, folders at model package level, and folders at model level to include in the scope. Only the objects and views that are in the scope will be shown in the site once created.States for scope
Explicitly selected component and included in the scope. Indirectly selected component and included in the scope. It is derived from higher-level directly selected component(s). Component is not selected and not included in the scope, but has underlying, directly selected components that are in the scope. Component is not selected and not included in the scope.
Any restructuring or relocation of components in the model package in Enterprise Studio will not affect the scope. The directly selected components will remain directly selected.
- In the model package, navigate to the folder containing the view that you want to set as the start view of the site. The start view is the view that will be shown in the site's thumbnail on the Sites page. Under Select start view, click the view.
Make sure to select a view that falls in the scope of the site. If a view is not included in the scope, it will be indicated and you cannot save the changes.
If you do not set a scope and start view, the thumbnail on the Sites page will show a placeholder image. When opening the site, the Views page will be shown instead of the start view. Example:
- Click Apply to save the changes.
You can now view the model package data in the site in Horizzon. If you return to the Horizzon homepage, the newly created site will be visible on the Sites page. Once a site has been created, its content will automatically be updated with the latest changes done in Enterprise Studio once these have been committed.
Accessibility of the site
A site that you have created but that you have not shared yet is only visible to you and to other Lead Designer users who have been invited to the model package the site is based on. The site can also be managed by you and these other Lead Designers, meaning that you can change the site's name, scope and start view, share and embed the site, or delete it. If you want other users to be able to view your site you need to share the site.
Sharing a site
Sites can be shared with groups of users, not with single users (unless this single user is in a separate group).
If you are not the creator of a site, you can only share the site if it has been shared with you and if you have been invited for the model package the site is based on.
- On the Manage site page, click Share and embed, select the user group(s) you want to share the site with, and click Apply.
The users from the invited groups will now be able to view the site.
Once created, a site is also shown on the page of the model package the site is based on, on the page of the group the site has been shared with, and on the user page of the users belonging to that group. If you click the site on one of these pages, it is opened.