Using Kibana dashboards enables any HoriZZon user with access to the dashboards to query for, add, modify and delete data, even if that data is for collaborations or dashboards this user is not invited for. Users that manage dashboards will have access to all data from all models. It bypasses any access restrictions that have been configured for the models.
If you prefer not to use Kibana dashboards because of this, BiZZdesign can disable Kibana dashboards for you. Please contact BiZZdesign Support and request deactivation of the Kibana dashboards.
It is possible to create dashboards in Kibana (from Elastic™) with data from your Enterprise Studio models, and then share the dashboards with other users in HoriZZon. Kibana dashboards can offer additional insights into your Enterprise Studio data.
The sharing of dashboards in HoriZZon is aimed at sharing with other users that can only view dashboards: Designers, Contributors and Consumers. These users will only be able to view dashboards that have been shared with them via groups. Lead Designer users can always view and manage all dashboards that are shared in HoriZZon, no matter which groups they are in. Administrator and System Administrator users cannot access dashboards.
- In the sidebar menu, click Dashboards. The Dashboards page opens.
- If you already have dashboards in Kibana, the Share dashboard button is available, and you can continue with the next step to share a dashboard, unless you would like to create another dashboard. In that case, complete this step.
If you do not have a Kibana dashboard available yet, or want to create another one, click Create dashboard. The Kibana application opens in a new browser tab in your web browser, and you can start creating a dashboard. Because Kibana is a third party application, please refer to the Kibana documentation by Elastic™ for instructions about creating dashboards. After you have saved your dashboard in Kibana, return to the web browser tab with HoriZZon running.
- Click Share dashboard, select the Kibana dashboard that you want to share, and click Share.
- Optional: If you want to preview or edit the dashboard before sharing it with others, click Preview to view the dashboard, or click Edit to edit the dashboard in Kibana.
- Click Share, select the user groups you want to share the dashboard with and click Apply. The users from these groups will be able to view the dashboard in HoriZZon. Please take note that sharing a dashboard is only relevant for groups of users with the Designer, Contributor or Consumer role. These users can only view dashboards when shared with them via groups.
The dashboard is now ready and available on the Dashboards page and be viewed by the users of the groups the dashboard has been shared with. Also, all Lead Designer users will automatically be able to view and manage the dashboard.
Clicking a dashboard on the Dashboards page will open it in HoriZZon. Once a dashboard has been shared in HoriZZon, its content will automatically be updated with the latest changes made in Enterprise Studio once these changes have been committed.
Making changes to a dashboard
All Lead Designer users can make changes to the dashboards, like editing it in Kibana or changing the groups a dashboard is shared with, or to even delete the dashboard. Clicknext to the dashboard name to open the Manage dashboard and make the desired changes.