ArchiMate®, ERD, and UML® model data can be exported from Enterprise Studio to an Excel workbook using an Excel connection.
- Select the Excel connection in the view, and then click
- Navigate to the location where the new Excel file must be saved, rename the file if desired, and click Save.
- A message appears announcing the export. Click OK to start the export.
- At the start of the export, the connection is validated first, and a progress bar of the validation is shown.
If validation is (partly) successful, export to Excel starts. If the export is completed, a message confirming this appears, and the generated Excel file with the exported data is opened. Click OK to close the message.
If validation fails, a message appears indicating that errors have been found in the definition of the connection.
- Click Yes to resolve the validation errors and warnings. After that, you can start the export again.
- Click No if you want to continue the export without resolving the errors. It may result in an incomplete data export or no export at all.
- Click Cancel if you want to cancel the export process.
In the generated Excel file, the exported data is available in one or more worksheets, depending on the number of mappings defined in the connection. The figure below shows an example of export results.
Example of an Excel workbook
If reporting has been activated in the connection properties, the Export to Excel window appears showing a summary of the export in a table.
Table with a summary of an export to Excel
ArchiMate® is a registered trademark of The Open Group.