Using the scripting language you can search and have a more fine-grained result. Extra conditions can be added like looking for certain objects that are somewhat similar in wording ordered by specific object types.
The script has some customization options like:
- Adding additional filters to the script like
ApplicationDataObjectto further specify the objects.
- Comparing case-insensitive (set
- Increasing or decreasing search results by changing the
MatchingLength. The higher this number, the less results you will get.
- Saving the script as viewpoint and using during housekeeping or maintenance on your model package.
- It outputs to the messages window by default, but can also output to a table (set
true). The Messages window has the advantage that by clicking the buttons on the message, the duplicate objects are highlighted in the model browser.
In the Query editor, use output type "Table" to export the results to Excel for further analysis.
Run the script on the objects below:
The output will be:
Clicking on any of the objects will open that object both in the model browser and view.