The Windows service does not properly start during the installation of the Team Server in one of the following situations:
- The message "Service Team Platform Server NOT started" appears when running startService.bat in the Command prompt after installing the Windows service.
- The message "Windows could not start the Team Server v2.0.0 service on Local Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion." appears when starting the service via Administrative Tools > Services.
- The message "Windows could not start the Team Server v2.0.0 service on Local Computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified." appears when starting the service via Administrative Tools > Services.
Please check the TeamServerHome\logs folder.
If no logs are found it is most likely caused by having Java 8 installed alongside an older version of Java. If the logfile wrapper.log (TeamServerHome\logs) exists, please check the contents of this file for errors.
To fix the problem, follow these steps:
- Uninstall the Windows service by typing uninstallService.bat in the Command prompt.
Uninstall any older Java versions, or make sure that older versions of java.exe are not found on the PATH. For example, a java.exe could be found in the folder 'C:\Windows\System32'.
If uninstalling older versions of Java is not desired, the full PATH to the java.exe can be specified in the wrapper.conf file (TeamServerHome\conf), on the line
Install the service again by typing installService.bat in the Command prompt.
- Start the service by typing startService.bat.