To be able to view the columns of an SQL database table the following requirements apply:
- A primary key must have been defined for the database table. The table needs a column for identification.
- You have read access to at least the following database tables, depending on the database type you are working with:
- IBM DB2: syscat_tables and syscat.columns (only tested for Windows, Linux is unknown)
- SQL Server or MySQL: information_schema.tables and information_schema.columns
- You have read access to the database table of which you want to view the columns, including referenced tables.