Usually, after applying or exporting your metamodel customizations, the metamodel package is closed without saving. However, if you cannot immediately apply or export the customizations you are working on, or if you want to continue working on the customizations at a later point in time, you can temporarily save the metamodel package, and reopen it when you continue customizing.
To save a metamodel package:
- On the File tab, click Save As > Computer.
- Click Browse and navigate to the location where you want to save the metamodel package.
- Optional: If desired, rename the metamodel package. (Do NOT change the file extension in Save as type.)
- Click Save.
To open a saved metamodel package:
- On the View tab, in the Configuration group, click Metamodel.
- In the Open Metamodel window, click Open from file.
- Select the metamodel package and click Open.
When the metamodel package is opened, Enterprise Studio will automatically switch to metamodel mode.